Next time you’re in front of someone consider that, in spite of his or her looks and, without you knowing anything about it, you may be facing:
- Someone who has been having a very difficulty day, or a very difficult year, or
- Somebody who really wants to get to know you and is afraid to let you know, or
- A remarkable genius that hides behind all her quirkiness, almost in spite of herself, or
- Somebody who dedicates her life to helping others and it is not in his nature to talk about it, or
- Somebody who could use a hug, or
- Somebody who uses external possessions and looks as a way to connect, because he does not know another way, or
- Somebody who is intensely happy, and decided to keep that information completely to himself, or
- Somebody who is afraid of intimacy, who at the same time intensely longs for intimacy, or
- Somebody who really wants to hear what you want to say, or
- Somebody who is Awake.
And I could go on and on.
So the next time that you’re in front of somebody, pay attention. What you learn may change your life forever.